11 July 2007

The training begins here (& hypoxic breathing)

Got my swimming programme so off I trotted with great enthusiasm on a wet n' windy Wellington night to my second home (aka. Freyberg Pool).

This is where the training really begins I thought to myself - milestones, commitment, dedication.

3.7kms - 1hr 25 mins. Least no google leakage this time !

Anyone heard of hypoxic breathing (i.e. no of strokes per breath ?) How does 6/8/10 strokes per breath sound ? I was puffing big time esp. on the 10s but kept my body position and felt more relaxed as a result. Is my coach crazy or does he really know what he's doing ?

Should end up with the lung capacity of Godzilla.

My hair feels like straw and my skin like a lizard. Ah the joys of swimming...

Note to self: make laminate training cards - water, chlorine and paper don't mix !

No comments: